These materials provide a review of the acquisition laws, directives, and challenges for attorneys practicing within the Defense Acquisition System (DoDD 5000.01). Topics included cover the statutes, regulations, and policies governing the Milestone Decision Authorities and program objectives for development, production, and sustainment. Additionally, the topics also address current advanced contracting issues confronting the Department of Defense.
This content is available for reference only. This is not an online course. No certificate will be issued upon reviewing this material.
Select the blue 'Enter Here' button to go to the training materials (CAC or AKO login required).
- Become familiar with the Army Legal Assistance Program
- Gain a general familiarity with military and tax planning
- Provide an overview of basic will drafting
- Provide an overview of the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act and State Child Support Guidelines
- Provide an overview of how states assert jurisdiction in child custody cases and how they might make custody determinations
- Provide an overview of the Uniformed Services Former Spouses Protection Act and drafting separation agreements in the military
- Understand Debt Collection and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Review statutory provisions and policy underpinnings of the SCRA
- Overview of immigration law issues relevant to Armed Forces personnel
- Become familiar with the spectrum of adverse administrative personnel actions available to commanders
- Learn the various administrative remedies available to Soldiers to appeal or correct administrative actions
- Understand the most common issues related to claims
- The intent of this module is to help Army personnel better understand their responsibility to foster and encourage an ethical workplace.
- Specifically, you are encouraged to think about the ethical culture in your organization and your contributions towards that culture.
- An Army Knowledge Online (AKO) account is required under system requirements.
- DoD attorneys practicing in Major Defense Acquisition Programs