In the Hall of Heroes, only fallen heroes are eligible to have stained glass windows dedicated to their memory. On October 2, 2006, then MG Scott C. Black announced the installation of a stained glass window in honor of CPT Howard R. Andrews, Jr., the only judge advocate to be killed in Vietnam.
MG Black returned to the Legal Center and School on February 9, 2007 to preside over a double stained glass unveiling ceremony honoring CW5 Sharon T. Swartworth and SGM Cornell W. Gilmore. Swartworth, then serving as the Warrant Officer of the Corps, and Gilmore, then the Regimental Sergeant Major, were both killed in action in Iraq on November 7, 2003, when the helicopter in which they were passengers was shot down by an enemy rocket-propelled grenade.
The following stained glass windows subsequently have been dedicated in the Hall of Heroes:
- CPL Sascha Struble dedication March 29, 2007
- MAJ Michael R. Martinez dedication June 4, 2007
- SGT Michael M. Merila June 21, 2007
- MAJ Frank G. Aigrisse October 3, 2007
- CPL Coty J. Phelps March 27, 2008
- COL Albert Svihra June 2, 2008
- LTC Arch M. McKeever November 12, 2008
- LTC Peter Koster November 12, 2008
- LTC Samuel L. Heisinger November 12, 2008
Read more about each of these heroes by clicking on their names on the right.
- 2LT Edward L. Chatlos
- COL Charles P. Burnett, Jr.
- COL Albert Svihra
- LTC Peter Koster
- LTC Arch M. McKeever
- LTC Frank G. Aigrisse
- MAJ Samuel L. Heisinger, Jr.
- CPT Howard R. Andrews, Jr.
- CW5 Sharon T. Swartworth
- SGM Cornell W. Gilmore
- SGT Michael M. Merila
- CPL Sascha Struble
- MAJ Michael R. Martinez
- CPL Coty J. Phelps